CALLIGRAM PROJECT



                  CALLIGRAM PROJECT







Artist statement:

 For my final vectors project, I decided to create something that holds great meaning to me, my stuffed animal. It might sound childish, but you see, when I look at my stuffed animal, I see a thousand memories and a young girl hoping to make her dreams come true. 

In my letter, I talked about how people I have met, and places I have been, have helped shaped me into the person I am today. When I now look back on my childhood, I understand that I am a reflection of the people around me. As a child, you learn a lot about life by observing people and places around you. Your childhood is also a strong foundation for you to become a well-functioned adult. I realize now how lucky I was. I know I worked hard to become the person I am today, as well as where I am today. 
Getting a scholarship to play college tennis, as well as being the captain of the tennis team, and meeting new friends, while getting a degree in communication and advertising, is an amazing accomplishment. I know that hard work paid off, and little Anine would be proud. 
Therefore I wanted to create something that I know will still have value to me in 20 years. My stuffed animal is not only a stuffed animal. It's a symbol of how far I have come, and how I will continue to reach new goals and aim for higher dreams. 


For my Vector shape, I used Adobe Illustrator. I really enjoyed working on the project and in Illustrator. I used different tools to create my design. After I sketched it, I used my letter to continue to create my shape.  Then I used different fonts to highlight important words, as well as the shape. I then created stars to symbolize the power of dreaming big and reaching for the stars. 

I am very happy with how it turned out. I used many hours making my idea turn out as good as I could. 




Future Self Letter:

Dear Anine, 

 

As you may or may not remember, I'm writing you this letter. As of today, you are 21 years old, and a whole future is waiting for you.  Right now, you are happy and proud to have gotten the opportunity to study in Tampa, where you just became the captain of the tennis team, as well as created so many memories with your best friends. You might remember how much you hated school as a young kid, but as of now, you are doing well, and getting some good grades as well as you are doing the best you can. And I hope you look back on how much you have grown up and realized what matters in life.  


Do you remember the summer of 2022? You had the best time, and it was probably the happiest you have been in a long time. You worked all summer in Verbier, Switzerland your favorite place. I hope you still love it, and that you go back every year. I hope you know how much that place loves you, and how much you shine when you are there. I hope you look back on memories with Victoria, your best friend, who always has your back, and are up for fun. So, when you are reading this, you had better call her and talk about all the fun memories.  


Anine, I hope you are happy. I hope you made a life for us, the life we dreamt of. I hope you have traveled the world, explored different countries, and cultures. I hope you got your dream job somewhere in Europe. I hope you work hard and do something you are passionate about. Right now, you are thinking about going into a career in advertising and marketing. Preferably something to do with sports or fashion, but I know you are a curious soul, filled with dreams and hopes of making it big. As of now, you have many connections, confidence, and experiences to concur what you set your mind to, and you probably always will.  


Wow, I can't believe you are 41 years old now. I know you have lived an incredible life until now. You probably have a husband that you love, and children you adore. I would say two. I hope you have the best relationship with them, just like you have with your dad. I hope you still talk to your sisters and have many great vacations and dinner parties with your twin sister. She deserves everything good in life, and I hope you still know how much she loves you. Maybe you even have a dog.  

Right now, you are a very adventurous person, filled with love towards everyone you meet. You love to have fun. But you also love to be alone, to think and to visualize different ideas. I hope you remember how hard you worked to be where you are. Right now, you are very much into enjoying life, and being grateful for how far you have come. 

 

Don’t forget who you are, Anine. You love tennis, sports, nature, animals, fashion, music, your friends and family. You miss you dad more than anything. You talk to your sister every day. You work hard for your goals, and you never give up. You also still have your favorite stuffed animal.



Take care of us.  


Yours truly, 


Anine Wilberg.  

 

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

PHOTOSHOP: SOMEWHERE

Anine Wilberg intro blog post

InDesign Homework